Over the years the Branch has acquired a huge number of parts, mostly donated, and there is a steady inflow and outflow of parts that are now so hard to source for older vehicles.
The Parts Department is open from 9.30am to 12 noon every Wednesday and noggin and natter night. Members are welcome to join the camaraderie of the Parts Department Wednesday group.
The Daffodil Rally for Cancer is taking place on Sunday 26 August - all vehicles are welcome. Meet at Caroline Bay North Entrance - from 9:15am. $15 Entry per vehicle An easy scenic drive that finishes around lunchtime (BYO lunch) for a tour of a local homestead...read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our August 2018 issue here.read more
On Sunday June 3, our Annual Queen's Birthday 'celebration' took place. For this day, organized by Neil Manchester and supporters, the weather gods promised typical 'dreary British winter rainswept weather', and at Caroline Bay, they delivered. This of course did not...read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our July 2018 issue here.read more
The South Canterbury Traction Engine and Transport Museum are holding ‘Horsepower Rally 2018’ a fundraising event to raise funds for the erection of a new shed for the storing and protection of vintage tractors at the South Canterbury Traction and Transport Museum facilities in Brosnan Road, Washdyke, Timaru, and for Westpac Rescue Helicopter Trust.read more
The Vintage Car Club of New Zealand National Veteran Rally will be hosted by the South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club over the weekend of 19-20 October 2019.
Cars, Motorcycles and Trucks, all over 100 years old, will meet in Timaru, as a celebration of over a century years of motoring.read more
Meetings per Year
The South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand welcomes enthusiasts for older cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
We have classes to cater for all vehicles over 30 years old and foster their restoration, preservation and use.
Ownership is not necessary and Club membership could help you find what you are looking for.
As well as the numerous benefits of joining our club listed here there are lots more things you can be involved with too.
Read more …
We offer members:
- Junior, Joint (family) and individual memberships
- Contact with like-minded people of all age groups.
- Monthly get together at our Clubrooms
- Access to our Spare Parts Department.
- Club Library for recreational and research reading.
- A wide range of events both competitive and non-competitive that you can attend both within our Branch and with other Branches of the Vintage Car Club using any Club eligible vehicle.
- Specialised events for various classes of vehicles locally and throughout the country, e.g. National Motorcycle Rally
- “All American” and “All British” Days.
- Our own annual Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar.
- Access to Club Insurance Scheme.
- Monthly Club Newsletter “Aorangi Tricar” and bi-monthly national magazine “Beaded Wheels”.
View Our Vintage Vehicle Showroom
We love our projects and here you can view member vehicles from the various vintages.