The Cancer Society Car Rally is taking place on Sunday 27 August – all vehicles are welcome.
Meet in Timaru at Caroline Bay Northern Carpark for rolling start from 9.15am.
Over the years the Branch has acquired a huge number of parts, mostly donated, and there is a steady inflow and outflow of parts that are now so hard to source for older vehicles.
The Parts Department is open from 9.30am to 12 noon every Wednesday and noggin and natter night. Members are welcome to join the camaraderie of the Parts Department Wednesday group.
We proudly congratulate Terry Wilson and Alan Averis, on 60 years continuous membership to our branch. Both Terry and Alan joined our branch in 1956, upon its formation. Read...read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our July 2017 issue here.read more
The Cancer Society Car Rally is taking place on Sunday 27 August - all vehicles are welcome. Meet at Caroline Bay North Entrance - from 9:15am. $20 Entry per vehicle - includes a morning, and afternoon visit BBQ Lunch, teas and coffees are available for purchase at...read more
The successful inaugural Caroline Bay Rock ‘N’ Hop took place in Timaru in March 2017, organized by a team of local car enthusiasts in conjunction with Hospice South Canterbury.read more
Check out a video of the Annual American weekend display on Caroline Bay, from November 2016.read more
Meetings per Year
The South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand welcomes enthusiasts for older cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
We have classes to cater for all vehicles over 30 years old and foster their restoration, preservation and use.
Ownership is not necessary and Club membership could help you find what you are looking for.
As well as the numerous benefits of joining our club listed here there are lots more things you can be involved with too.
Read more …
We offer members:
- Junior, Joint (family) and individual memberships
- Contact with like-minded people of all age groups.
- Monthly get together at our Clubrooms
- Access to our Spare Parts Department.
- Club Library for recreational and research reading.
- A wide range of events both competitive and non-competitive that you can attend both within our Branch and with other Branches of the Vintage Car Club using any Club eligible vehicle.
- Specialised events for various classes of vehicles locally and throughout the country, e.g. National Motorcycle Rally
- “All American” and “All British” Days.
- Our own annual Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar.
- Access to Club Insurance Scheme.
- Monthly Club Newsletter “Aorangi Tricar” and bi-monthly national magazine “Beaded Wheels”.