Over the years the Branch has acquired a huge number of parts, mostly donated, and there is a steady inflow and outflow of parts that are now so hard to source for older vehicles.
The Parts Department is open from 9.30am to 12 noon every Wednesday and noggin and natter night. Members are welcome to join the camaraderie of the Parts Department Wednesday group.
On a foggy Autumn Sunday morning at 9am, 42 vehicles, the oldest over 90 years, descended upon the Southern Trust Events Centre carpark at Morgans Road for our 49th Mystery ramble, organized by Joan Paul and Colin Lyon. The theme for 2017 was 'Transport'. With Joan...read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our May 2017 issue here.read more
Our Annual Timaru All British Day is taking place on Sunday 4 June 2017. Entry fee is $15 per vehicle. There is a display at the Caroline Bay northern carpark of the vehicles entered between 9:30am and 10:30pm, and a run to a lunch stop - a sausage sizzle will be...read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our April 2017 issue here.read more
On a rainy March day, our annual Mid Island Rally was held.read more
SCVCC member Chris Chambers, accompanied by Mel Lewis is taking “Pamela Joy”, his Austin 7 on a long distance trip – to England!read more
Meetings per Year
The South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand welcomes enthusiasts for older cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
We have classes to cater for all vehicles over 30 years old and foster their restoration, preservation and use.
Ownership is not necessary and Club membership could help you find what you are looking for.
As well as the numerous benefits of joining our club listed here there are lots more things you can be involved with too.
Read more …
We offer members:
- Junior, Joint (family) and individual memberships
- Contact with like-minded people of all age groups.
- Monthly get together at our Clubrooms
- Access to our Spare Parts Department.
- Club Library for recreational and research reading.
- A wide range of events both competitive and non-competitive that you can attend both within our Branch and with other Branches of the Vintage Car Club using any Club eligible vehicle.
- Specialised events for various classes of vehicles locally and throughout the country, e.g. National Motorcycle Rally
- “All American” and “All British” Days.
- Our own annual Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar.
- Access to Club Insurance Scheme.
- Monthly Club Newsletter “Aorangi Tricar” and bi-monthly national magazine “Beaded Wheels”.