Over the years the Branch has acquired a huge number of parts, mostly donated, and there is a steady inflow and outflow of parts that are now so hard to source for older vehicles.
The Parts Department is open from 9.30am to 12 noon every Wednesday and noggin and natter night. Members are welcome to join the camaraderie of the Parts Department Wednesday group.
The 'Get to the Point' festival is a market day held every year in early November at Pleasant Point. For this year, a classic car show was held,for which a number of the entrants were vehicles owned by South Canterbury Vintage Car Club members. View the photographs,...read more
Our Annual Motorcycle rally was held on 4 November 2017.read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our November 2017 issue here.read more
The 16th Annual Timaru All American Weekend is taking place on the Weekend of 17-18 November 2018.read more
Our monthly newsletter, the Aorangi Tricar, is now online. Check out our October 2017 issue here.read more
On an overcast frosty mid-June Sunday morning, over 20 vehicles, the oldest a 1923 Ford Model T truck, materialized outside our Redruth clubrooms for the Restoration/End of season run. With the day organized by the Irving family, serving cups of tea and...read more
Meetings per Year
The South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand welcomes enthusiasts for older cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
We have classes to cater for all vehicles over 30 years old and foster their restoration, preservation and use.
Ownership is not necessary and Club membership could help you find what you are looking for.
As well as the numerous benefits of joining our club listed here there are lots more things you can be involved with too.
We offer members:
- Junior, Joint (family) and individual memberships
- Contact with like-minded people of all age groups.
- Monthly get together at our Clubrooms
- Access to our Spare Parts Department.
- Club Library for recreational and research reading.
- A wide range of events both competitive and non-competitive that you can attend both within our Branch and with other Branches of the Vintage Car Club using any Club eligible vehicle.
- Specialised events for various classes of vehicles locally and throughout the country, e.g. National Motorcycle Rally
- “All American” and “All British” Days.
- Our own annual Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar.
- Access to Club Insurance Scheme.
- Monthly Club Newsletter “Aorangi Tricar” and bi-monthly national magazine “Beaded Wheels”.
View Our Vintage Vehicle Showroom
We love our projects and here you can view member vehicles from the various vintages.