There are many events that occur over the year, that you are able to participate in as a Vintage Car Club member.
South Canterbury Vintage Car Club Members’ Events
- October 6 – Continental Vehicle Day
- October 18/19/20 – National Veteran Rally @ Timaru
- October 26/27/28 – Mount Cook Rally
- November 9/10 – Safari weekend
- November 16/17 – All American Weekend
- November 24 – Veteran/Vintage/Commercial Rally
- November 30 – Christmas Dinner
- January 1 – Fairlie New Years Day Parade
- January 12 – Ladies Rally
- January 18 – Saturday Open day
- February 6/7/8/9 – Weekend Away
- February 23 – Chairman’s Rally
- March 1 – Motorcycle Rally
- March 8 – Mid Island Rally
- April 4 – Swap Meet at Winchester
- April 9 – Mid Week Run
- April 25/26/27 – Vintage only Rally @ Timaru
- May 7 – Mid Week Run
- May 10 – PV/PWV/P60/P80 Rally
- May 24 – Restoration Run
- May 31 – Timaru All British Day
- June 4 – South Canterbury Branch AGM
- June 11 – Mid Week Run
- June 20 – Night trial
- July – Mid Week Run
- August – QUIZ Night with Ashburton @ Timaru
- August – Mid Week Run
- August – Garage Raid at Oamaru
- August – Cancer Society Run
- September – Opening Run with Ashburton @ Timaru
National Calendar Events
These can be viewed here – http://vcc.org.nz/events-calendar/
All British Day: Held every Queens Birthday weekend. Open to all owners of British made vehicles regardless of year of manufacture, and whether Club members or not.
The first hour is a display, followed by a lunch time run to a venue of interest – revealed on the day – in the South Canterbury area.
All American Weekend: – Open to all owners of vehicles of American manufacture, old and new, and whether Club members or not.
Involves a Saturday evening cruise, starting from Caroline Bay and display on Caroline Bay on Sunday. Details of the next event will be posted well prior to the weekend.
Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar: Winchester A&P Showgrounds
All sorts of stuff for sale. You might fund an abacus or a zither or automotive parts for an ABC or a Zust! See the Swapmeet Page for further details.