There are many events that occur over the year, that you are able to participate in as a Vintage Car Club member.
South Canterbury Vintage Car Club Members’ Events
- November 10/11 – Safari Weekend
- November 17/18 – All American Weekend
- November 25 – Veteran/Vintage/Commercial Rally
- December 2 – Xmas Party/50 year awards
- January 1 – New Years Day Parade at Fairlie
- January 13 – Ladies Rally
- January 19 – Club Open Day
- February 2/3 – National Veteran Rally – Timaru
- February 9/10 – Weekend away
- February 24 – Chairman’s Rally
- March – Motor Cycle Rally
- March 9 – Mid-Island Rally
- March 24 – Restoration Rally
- April 6 – Swap Meet at Winchester
- May 12 – Post Vintage Rally
- June 2 – All British Day
- June 6 – AGM
- July 6 – Night Rally
- July 27 – Mid year Xmas Dinner
- August – Garage Raid
- August – Mid-Week Run
- August – Quiz evening with Ashburton
- August – Daffodil Rally
- August – Daffodil Day deliveries
- September – Opening Run ( Ashburton)
- September – Timaru Continental Vehicle Day
- October 19/20 – National Veteran Rally
- October 26/27 – Mt Cook Rally
National Calendar Events
These can be viewed here – http://vcc.org.nz/events-calendar/
All British Day:
Held every Queens Birthday weekend. Open to all owners of British made vehicles regardless of year of manufacture, and whether Club members or not.
The next one will be held on 3 June 2018. Meeting place is Caroline Bay Northern Carpark, 9:30am.
The first hour is a display, followed by a lunch time run to a venue of interest – revealed on the day – in the South Canterbury area.
All American Weekend:
Held on the weekend of November 17-18 2018. Open to all owners of vehicles of American manufacture, old and new, and whether Club members or not.
Involves a Saturday evening cruise, starting from Caroline Bay, a ‘Drive in’ Movie night and display on Caroline Bay on Sunday. Details of the next event will be posted well prior to the weekend.
Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar:
Winchester A&P Showgrounds – March 24 2018
All sorts of stuff for sale. You might fund an abacus or a zither or automotive parts for an ABC or a Zust! See the Swapmeet Page for further details.