Labour Weekend – 26, 27, 28 October 2019
Commemorating the first journey by Motorcar to the Hermitage at Mt Cook in 1906.
The South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand invites you to take part in this long distance touring event, open to all classes of V.C.C. eligible vehicles.
The Mt Cook Rally will start from the SCVCC Clubrooms, 19-25 Redruth St, Timaru on Saturday 26 October from 9am. First car away at 10am. Tea and coffee will be provided.
- Recommended Veterans Only: Lunch stop to suit the driver.
- All sealed except for 4.3km – Lunch stop Tekapo
- Back Country route, small amount shingle to Twizel on Saturday. Lunch stop at Tekapo.
Friday 25 October
- Meet & Greet at the Clubrooms, Redruth St, Timaru, 7pm-9pm
Saturday 26 October
- Morning: Rally to Twizel.
- Evening: Top Hut blackboard menu. Own time, and cost.
*Please note that there are many bookings that night therefore arrive 5pm.
Sunday 27 October
- Rally to Mount Cook: Start from the sealed area in front of the Mountain Chalet Motels on Sunday with field tests starting from 10am. This section is untimed.
- Your plaque will be handed out at the entrance to the Hermitage in recognition of your vehicle having completed the course from the VCC Clubrooms in Redruth St Timaru, to Mt Cook. Please park where directed.
- After Lunch, return to Twizel in your own time.
- Presentations at 5pm at the MacKenzie Country Hotel, the evening meal (for those that have pre booked & paid ) will be at the Mackenzie Country Hotel, from 5pm for drinks and presentations, then the meal will commence from 6pm.
- There will be a Timed Section and Field tests during the weekend.
Monday 28 October
- Return home in your own time.
ELIGIBILITY: This event is open to all vehicles covered by the VCC of NZ and must be entered by a financial member or invited guest.
DISCLAIMER: Standard Club disclaimer applies and .all persons entering do so at their own risk.
ENTRIES CLOSE: With Ross Luscombe, 4/4 Beverly Road, Timaru 7910 on Saturday 5 October 2019.
For any queries, contact Ross Luscombe 03 688 8515
ASSISTANCE: Should assistance be sought, members should contact the organizer Ashley Milliken 0274 358163 or John Campbell on 021 022 97 192
ACCOMMODATION: Is the responsibility.of entrants. Please note that there are many events on at Twizel at this time of year so don’t delay – book now.
REGULATIONS: VCC membership cards must be produced on request. No road closures are implied or are in force.
JURISDICTION: The event is organised by the SCVCC. Any disputes, protests or other matters arising will be arbitrated by the organisers and that decision will be final.
We look forward to you joining us on this historic event on the South Canterbury Branch calendar