There are many events that occur over the year, that you are able to participate in as a Vintage Car Club member.
South Canterbury Vintage Car Club Members’ Events
- February 5-6-7 – Weekend Away
- February 21 – Chairman’s Rally
- February 27 – Saturday Open day
- March 7 – Motorcycle Rally
- March 14 – Mid Island Rally
- March 27 – Swap Meet at Winchester
- April 2-5 – National Vintage Easter Rally @ Timaru
- April 8 – Mid Week Run
- May 9 – Post Vintage Rally
- May 13 – Mid Week Run
- May 23 – Restoration Run
- June 6 – Timaru All British Day
- June 10 – Mid Week Run
- June 26 – Night Trial
- TBA – Garage Raid at Waimate
- June – Breakout / Restoration Run
- July – Mid Week Run
- August – Daffodil Rally for Cancer
- August – QUIZ Night with Ashburton @ Timaru
- August – South Canterbury Branch AGM
- August – Mid Week Run
- September – Opening Run with Ashburton @ Ashburton
- September – Continental Vehicle Day
- October – Labour Weekend – Mount Cook Rally
- November – Safari weekend
- November – All American Weekend
- November – Veteran/Vintage/Commercial Rally
- November – Christmas Dinner
- January 1 – Fairlie New Years Day Parade
- January – Ladies Rally
National Calendar Events
These can be viewed here – http://vcc.org.nz/events-calendar/
All British Day: Held every Queens Birthday weekend. Open to all owners of British made vehicles regardless of year of manufacture, and whether Club members or not.
The first hour is a display, followed by a lunch time run to a venue of interest – revealed on the day – in the South Canterbury area.
All American Weekend: – Open to all owners of vehicles of American manufacture, old and new, and whether Club members or not.
Involves a Saturday evening cruise, starting from Caroline Bay and display on Caroline Bay on Sunday. Details of the next event will be posted well prior to the weekend.
Winchester Swap Meet and Bazaar: Winchester A&P Showgrounds
All sorts of stuff for sale. You might fund an abacus or a zither or automotive parts for an ABC or a Zust! See the Swapmeet Page for further details.