Labour Weekend – 21, 22, 23 October 2023
Commemorating the first journey by Motorcar to the Hermitage at Mt Cook in 1906.
The South Canterbury Branch of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand invites you to take part in this long distance touring event, open to all classes of V.C.C. eligible vehicles.
The Mt Cook Rally will start from the SCVCC Clubrooms, 19-25 Redruth St, Timaru on Saturday 21 October from 9am. First car away at 10am. Tea and coffee will be provided.
- All Sealed recommended Veterans Only: Lunch stop TBA
- All sealed – Lunch stop TBA
- Back Country route – Lunch stop TBA
Friday 20 October
- Meet & Greet at the Clubrooms, Redruth St, Timaru, 7pm-9pm
Saturday 21 October
- Morning: Rally to Twizel.
- Evening: Top Hut blackboard menu or other restaurants. Own time, and cost.
Sunday 22 October
- Rally to Mount Cook: Start from the sealed area in front of the Mountain Chalet Motels on Sunday with field tests starting from 10am. This section is untimed.
- Your plaque will be handed out at the entrance to the Hermitage in recognition of your vehicle having completed the course from the VCC Clubrooms in Redruth St Timaru, to Mt Cook. Please park where directed.
- After Lunch, return to Twizel in your own time.
- Presentations and dinner venue at Twizel Events Centre.
Monday 23 October
- Return home in your own time.
ELIGIBILITY: This event is open to all vehicles covered by the VCC of NZ and must be entered by a financial member or invited guest.
DISCLAIMER: Standard Club disclaimer applies and .all persons entering do so at their own risk.
ENTRIES CLOSE: With Gavin and Michelle Munro, 85 Summerleaze Rd, RD1,
Timaru 7971 on Friday 13th October 2023.
We require Sunday Dinner bookings by 2nd October so early confirmation of numbers would be appreciated.
For any queries, contact Michelle Munro 021 1726168 (evenings) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANCE: Should assistance be sought, members should contact the organisers Gavin Munro 021 487669 or Michelle Munro 021 1726168
ACCOMMODATION: Is the responsibility of entrants. Please note that there are many events on at Twizel at this time of year so don’t delay – book now.
REGULATIONS: VCC membership cards must be produced on request. No road closures are implied or are in force.
JURISDICTION: The event is organised by the SCVCC. Any disputes, protests or other matters arising will be arbitrated by the organisers and that decision will be final.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Entries are accepted on the basis that the venues are still available at the time of the Rally. Should the rally have to be cancelled for any reason, please provide a bank account number for any refunds.
We look forward to you joining us on this historic event on the South Canterbury Branch calendar